Monday, August 27, 2007

Hercules vs. Michael!

In 1995, a new TV show called “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys” (HTLJ) caused a sensation in TV world. Loosely based on the rich mythology of Ancient Greece, and, as the series progressed, featuring Norse and African mythologies and religions as well, up to and including the rise of Christianity.

It proved so popular it spawned 2 spin-off series, among which “Xena: The Warrior Princess”, a series that at one point surpassed Hercules in popularity, if memory serves well. The success of these shows also resulted in countless lookalike shows using a similar formula, among which a Conan series and the underrated gem called “Roar”, starring Heath Ledger.

But I digress. Back to Hercules & Xena! An interesting theme that at one point, both shows began featuring a recurring theme, a larger arc if you will, of the death of the old gods, Norse and Greek alike, while newer religions and godlike beings are rising.

Enter “Revelations”, one of my favorite episodes of HTLJ, where none other than the archangel Michael shows up, apparently plotting to destroy humanity, and start the world over anew. In this he enlists the help of his old buddies, the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. Naturally, ol’ Herc is not amused, and with his buddy Iolaus and the reluctant help of his half-brother, Ares, the Greek god of war himself, he decides to take on the archangel and his apocalyptic allies.

This is in - my humble opinion, naturally - one of the better episodes of this series. It has all the usual ingredients: lots of action, the series’ typical humor, the clashing of different mythological beings, cats & dogs living together... The works!

As it turns out, the episode is available in 7 parts on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuArF2jIWlk

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that exact brand. The prices seeking the velcros were all over 330 bucks on every page. But completely I found this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the sneakers were about 240 bucks on every page. But for all I set this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that singular model. The prices as regards the velcros were around 350 pounds everwhere. But for all I found this site selling them for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are about 220 dollars on every page. But definitively I bring about this area selling them for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.