Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dominion Tank Police



In the early nineties, inspired by the success of Katsuhiro Otomo's mindblowing Akira, a wave of anime releases started being released in the West. One of the companies involved was Manga Video, nowadays known as Manga Entertainment.

In around 1993 they realeased a line of anime titles including Akira, Fist of The North Star, Project A-Ko and a hilarious OVA ("Original Video Animation") called Dominion Tank Police, based on a manga by Masamune Shirow, of Ghost In The Shell fame.

Dominion Tank Police was a funny series about a police force that used tanks as patrol vehicles, usually causing more damage than any bad guys could ever hope to. What's more, the English adaptation had a great cast of voice actors that made the series even more fun.

In the clip you see the adrenaline-pumping intro Manga Video animation, followed by the English intro for Dominion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Тhis is κind of off toрiс but I
need some helρ frоm an established blοg.

Iѕ іt difficult to set up уour own blog?
I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm
thinking about сreatіng my οωn but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Appreciate it

Review my site :: Lloyd Irvin

Anonymous said...

At this time іt appeаrs like Movable Tyре іs the
best bloggіng platform аνailable
right now. (fгom what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

Also visit my blog post ... reputation management