Saturday, September 15, 2007

Goldorak live-action film trailer



In the 1970s, manga artist Go Nagai had enormous success with a series called "Mazinger Z". This was followed up by 2 other series, "Great Mazinger", and a series called "UFO Robot Grendizer". All of these series featured near-indestructible fighting machines that defended our planet from various evil forces.

Grendizer, while in Japan not as successful as the Mazinger series, was (and amazingly still is!) hugely successful in many countries in Europe and the Middle East. In France and Québec Grendizer became Goldorak. Generations of people, including me, grew up watching this series.

The trailer you see if from a bunch of Italian dudes who also grew up with Grendizer (or Goldrake as he is known in Italy) and I must say it looks pretty darn good!

I don't know what their chances are of ever making a full-length movie, but I hope they will pull it off somehow.

"Goldorak, GO!"

P.S. The Ultimate Showdown of Good vs. Evil! Grendizer vs Megatron! Who will win? I think you know who I'm rooting for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.